Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sunday Funday

Happy Sunday! I simultaneously love and loathe Sundays. Simon & I both have off work, which is fantastic. But the next day, we are back to the grind - not so fantastic when you don't have the job of your dreams. Simon is really into what he does, but I am working a less-than-desirable retail position until the a teaching job near me becomes available. At least I am employed!

Sunday mornings are usually big breakfast days, because we sleep in and it becomes more of a brunch than a breakfast. This morning was no exception. Simon went with a turkey club (his favorite food in the universe) while I created a 12 PointsPlus egg concoction that looked like this:



First, I spread a wedge of Laughing Cow Queso on a leftover High Fiber Low Carb tortilla. Then, I sauteed up some peppers and dumped scrambled eggs on top of them. Finally, I topped my scrambled with Boar's Head Blazing Buffalo chicken breast and some crumbled bacon, and flopped that into my tortilla. No, it was not pretty, but it was muy deliciosa!

After breakfast, we vegged for a little, and since the weather was crummy, I walked with Leslie:



She's a little too peppy, but a reliable walking partner. After our walk, I munched a banana:



Every other Sunday, we spend the afternoon at my Grandma & Grandpa's house and eat dinner. It's something we have done ever since I can remember, and my husband and I go every chance we get. So that is where we are off to now. See you later with eats from some PA Dutch folk. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment