Saturday, January 1, 2011

Some Like it Hot...

... but many like it medium, such as me. My name is Steph, and today begins my second year as a Weight Watchers online member. To date, I have lost 58 pounds on WW, so I highly recommend it to anyone who is serious about losing weight. I wanted to start a project of sorts that would inspire me to continue succeeding on my WLJ (weight loss journey) and hold me accountable to eating good and good-for-you food. This blog will showcase some of the stuff I am making, munching on, or musing about while losing about 83 more pounds.

My husband, Simon, is very supportive of my WW journey, and we both cook a lot. Tonight's dinner was a joint effort: Tex-Mex Style Sloppy Joes, from the Weight Watchers in 20 Minutes cookbook I just received for Christmas from my sister-in-law. The prep was minimal, and the results were pretty great:


They looked just like the picture, and were just shy of too spicy for my PA Dutch tastebuds to enjoy. We sauteed ground chicken in a little oil, added taco seasoning and cooked until brown. Then we added a jar of Newman's Own Corn & Black Bean Salsa and simmered for a couple minutes. Finally, we warmed tortillas and topped them with the chicken mixture and a dollop of sour cream with lime juice mixed in. There are some scallions sprinkled on top, but we opted to skip the cilantro garnish (I hate cilantro). I know Pork & Sauerkraut is the tradition on New Year's, but Simon and I are both sauerkraut avoiders, so Mexican food was a good second choice.

Other eats today:

a couple of clementines

a banana


a yogurt parfait


Some grapes, and of course,




If you read my blog with any frequency, you will get to know my love of chocolate pretty quickly. That is not all I ate today - I whipped up some scrambled eggs & bacon on a bagel thin for breakfast, and had a smoked turkey & muenster cheese on whole wheat sandwich with the above depicted grapes for lunch. I will probably not blog every bite of food that I eat in the future, either, because that is not how life rolls. But today was a really good start to my New Year, food-wise. I hope yours is just as good. See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment