Sunday, January 2, 2011

Chicken and Noodles

We are finally undecorated from Christmas! As soon as we got back tonight, we stripped down the tree and threw it out back to await its fate on recycling day. A little sweeping, and the living room is as good as new:


Otherwise, the day was a pretty standard grandparent Sunday. We headed to Hamburg, a 1.25 hour drive, around 1:30 and took the scenic route instead of the turnpike for once - 'twas lovely.
We gathered, chatted & ate some grub, which I forgot to photograph prior to digging in:


This was a meal of buttered noodles, broccoli & baked chicken breast. With Weight Watchers, there is some guessing involved with home-cooked meals that you do not prepare yourself. But it isn't too bad as long as you keep portions in check! For example: I ate no more than a cup of noodles, and I estimated on the high side on the size of the chicken breast & amount of butter used.

For dessert, fruit cup:


Everything was delish. I love visiting my grandparents - I get to catch up with them, catch up with my sisters & mother, and get away from my little corner of the world for a few hours.

Other eats today:




I told you - me & chocolate are likethis. :)

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment